David Ciccone of Mobilty Today.com has had his Cingular Blackjack for some time now and is truly impressed with its abilities. David wrote a brief article on how simple it is to create a Dial up Network (DUN) connection to enable internet access from your computer via the Cingular Blackjack.
- Pair the computer and your Blackjack using steps discussed in the manual
- Launch the “Internet Sharing” application on your BlackJack. It can be found in the \Windows folder. (To locate it: Start -> Applications -> File Explorer -> \Windows -> Internet Sharing)
- Choose “Bluetooth PAN” as the PC connection, and “MEdia Net” as the network connection
- Hit “Connect” (left soft key)
- On the PC, go to Start > Network Connections. Click on the “Bluetooth network connection” icon. Choose your BlackJack, and hit Connect
So far this has only been tested with the Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth stack, but others should work just fine.